Key Words: Sourcing, Supply Chain, Partnerships, Network, Telecommunications,
Role: Supply Chain Management – Leader
Industry: Telecommunications, Global Service Provider
About Our Client
Our client is a fully integrated info-communications company, offering a full range of information, communications, and Technology services for both consumer and Enterprise markets offering the latest solutions. They are a digital ecosystem enabler with a solution-oriented approach and proven managed services capabilities with cutting edge platforms to take customers to the next level of intelligence powered by cloud, mobility, IoT, collaboration, security, and network services. They are present in hundreds of countries around the world, serving thousands of customers, many among it are Fortune 500 customers.
About the Supply Chain Management – Leader
- To lead and manage a team of sourcing talents to procure network capacities at market-competitive prices. Network capacities include access (lit and dark fibre), subsea, backhaul, IRUs, satellite capacities, colocation etc
- To plan at a high-level for offnet access, defining short-term & mid-term strategic plans to ensure the access coverage and solutions are optimal to support the growth of the Company’s our products and to meet the customers’ requirements in this fast-changing environment.
- To optimize access cost & identify cost-savings on installed base via alternative access technologies, supplier migration, commercial negotiation etc.
- To support Supply Chain Management function on key projects and initiatives.
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- Bachelor of Engineering in any field. MBA preferred but not necessary
- Strong working knowledge of networking and cloud technologies e.g. SDWAN
- High level understanding of access technologies such as MPLS, Ethernet, NBN, Wireless/LTE/5G, Microwave, Satellite and other emerging networking technologies and their commercial manifestations
- To formulate geo-region / in-country access strategy, drilling down into micro aspects of supplier preference, access solutions (segment into industrial verticals e.g. banking, logistic etc.), designs, diversity, performance, solution portability, new technologies (e.g. 5G, wireless access), ease of service delivery and assurance etc.)
- To lead in selecting the best local access suppliers/ partners, negotiating MSAs/ JPAs & managing the high level strategic relations (i.e. carrier relations)
- To negotiate for market competitive commercials & optimum operational commitments (e.g. SLA, MTTR)
- To effectively qualify new offnet access suppliers & solutions, ensuring the onboarded access solutions integrate smoothly into the Company’s product suite, synchronizing on all technical specifications
- To support Sales in winning major bids or RFPs by collaborating closely across stakeholders – Sales, Bid Management, Product, Legal, Commercial, Solution and Engineering
- To manage competitive intelligence activities on the market & players, using the intelligence information to shape the Company’s access solutions to be ahead of competition e.g., price benchmarking, SLA benchmarking
- To audit existing installed base, setup & configuration for cost-savings opportunities and lead team to drive cost savings in collaboration with delivery teams
- To audit & optimize processes relating to offnet access - aiming to create efficient workflows and enhancing productivity
- To drive service performance improvement reviews and initiatives with suppliers
- To ensure team is learning continuously and upgrading their skills by attending role-based trainings, certifications or relevant courses
- Grounded in core values of integrity & responsibility
- Strong & effective negotiation & communication skills
- Strategic & critical in thinking, logical & efficient in approach
- Excellent analytical capabilities, able to see bigger picture
- Strong planning, organizational and decision-making skills
- Experience in driving cost savings initiatives
- Good Financial knowledge
- Ability to integrate & work in diverse business environments globally
- Ability to influence peers in other business units or geographies to achieve objectives
- Possess creativity -> to dump old school way of access management & think of ways to outsmart the access/sourcing strategists of other global telcos & OTTS
- Willingness to embrace new technologies, platforms, applications & changes etc.
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.