Key Words: Software Development, Java, Software Architecture, Coding, Programming, Agile
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Function: Software Engineering
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global organisation in the Biotechnology domain. They specialise in providing solutions and tools used for research and development in the biotech space.
About the Senior Software Engineer (Java)
- Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test world-class distributed cloud software that powers the company’s industry-leading DNA sequencing and laboratory information systems.
- Develop and maintain Java based web application and microservices.
- Evaluate and propose suitable alternatives for our software architecture, designs, and implementations
- Show a passion for leading-edge software development practices
- Display a passion for clean code, loose coupling, and clean architectures
- Be a results-oriented, hyper-collaborator: leading joint design sessions, pair programming, design and code reviews, etc
- Show a passion for leading-edge development practices – Continuous Integration/Delivery, DevOps, REST-based SOA
- Develop sustainable, automated deployment and build processes
- Practice software engineering principles such as agile methodologies, scrum and continuous integration
Please note: Interested Applicants must be able to work in Singapore.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressive related experience with a bachelor’s degree
- Full Stack Developers who are proficient in both frontend and backend coding
- Extensive knowledge and experience Java
- Experience using Docker. Ideally through orchestration platform such as Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos, etc
- Building and consuming REST APIs
- RDBMS such as AWS-RDS, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Message Queues (AWS-SQS, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded applications
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Experience in software engineering principles such as Agile methodologies, Scrum, DevOps and continuous integration (CI/CD). source control management repositories (GIT, SVN)
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be team-oriented, motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience automating high quality unit tests against mock objects
- Experience in building large-scale cloud distributed systems is a plus
- Experience in biotech and bioinformatics is a plus
If you are interested to learn more about the above job role or any other job opportunities, please apply to this job advertisement or alternatively contact the following consultant:
SearchElect Pte. Ltd. adheres to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower Tripartite guidelines on Non-Discriminatory Job Advertisements which you can find more information about HERE. If you feel any part of this job advertisement is discriminatory please immediately raise to our attention via email@example.com. We take these matters seriously and thank you for your cooperation.