Principal Architect Telco API
Our Bridge Members Operators are embracing digital transformation to offer innovative network services through Telco APIs to developers, ISVs and enterprises. We are in search of the next generation of leaders to help us drive forward this agenda at an alliance level. The Principal Architect Telco API will focus on the definition, design and implementation of new Telco services based on APIs leveraging on the 5G Network of Bridge Members Operators. This position requires expert knowledge and competence in Telco core network with a focus on 5G, CPaaS software architecture, edge computing, as well as IT domain covering cloud technologies, API lifecycle management and platform business model.
• Drive the architecture and design of Telco APIs solutions and new products, with a view to integrate with numerous Telco core networks and other OSS / BSS systems (provisioning and Billing IT integration)
• Creating the Design/Architectural standards that define guidelines, service design principles, and patterns to build robust, reliable, and secure services that expose stable, well-documented and easy-to-use APIs to Telco customers.
• Providing end to end architecture for publishing API’s including tools.
Ensuring that the different design aspects are covered: Transport protocols (HTTP etc.); API protocol (REST etc.); service runtime libraries; reliability, observability, security, data privacy.
• Facilitating or actively participating to workshops or meetings among cross-functional teamsto gather requirements, presenting, and validating solutions as a technical expert.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology and recommend roadmap and long-term technical strategy.
• Collaborate, co-develop solutions with Telco Architects within Bridge Alliance Operators but also with international Telco partner and forums, and possibly contribute to Telco APIs publications and forums.
• Clearly describes architecture, design strategies, standards, technical specifications, business benefits, opportunities and threats. Routinely builds and presents executive and external materials, including white papers.
• Actively contributes to industry publications and professional forums.
• Provide strong leadership to drive CPaaS transformation program (CPaaS 2.0) around Telco APIs, including the management of processes, automation, best practices, documentations, in accordance with required security and ICT policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
• Coach/guide teams to jumpstart mobile-related software development with hands-on approach to engineering solutions around the platforms.
• Provide guidance on best practices to Telco IT and Network teams including business propositions and solution mapping from product use case to technical network design perspectives.
• Manage and influence business and technical stakeholders in use case design and development approach.
Key Job Requirements
• Master degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with more than 10-15 years of experiences in designing, optimising and managing large scale telecommunication providers
• Deep understanding of telco network architectures, technologies, services, service-based architecture and network automation, for fix network and mobile 4G/5G, and deep technical understanding of Voice & Messaging products (IMS, SMS Aggregation).
• Knowledge of full stack API Management Platform with good insights of the offerings from industry players. Good understanding of the enabling components to build API Marketplace, packaging of APIs as a product and the monetization of API Products.
• Strong knowledge of cloud architecture (private cloud, multi-cloud, hybrid cloud), software- defined networking, 3GPP standards, network virtualization, containerization and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies, and security fundamentals
• Ability to develop technology architecture roadmap, strategy, migration implementation plans, by working in a consultative manner with cross-functional stakeholders
• Ability to work with vendors, hyperscalers and 3rd party suppliers to drive consensus
• Knowledge in agile software development and ability to apply DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure-as-Code, CI/CD; and Configuration Management
• Proven track record of integrating security principles of APIs, RESTful APIs, event driven architecture, microservices, SSO, OAuth, IAM, Zero Trust, etc. and owning and creating complete secure architecture
• Knowledge of HTTP2 protocols and relevance in 5G Service based architecture.
• Knowledge of 4G-LTE/IMS network and outstanding inter-personal skills (ability to collaborate and influence others to problem-solve) and expert in 5G architecture.
• Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
• Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
• Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network
• Self-motivated, Self-Reliant, Self-Starting, Go-Getter, Attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn
• Works well in an engineering environment that requires communication and collaboration with fellow team members, and cross function and multi-cultural teams